The self-proclaimed President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko gave the order to carry out a large-scale conscription of military personnel in a short time. The command calls reserve officers and reservists without taking into account social and medical circumstances.
Belarusians on social networks complain that the training is really being carried out in a hurry, even fathers with many children are taken to the training. What is Lukashenko preparing for and is a new invasion of Ukraine from the territory of Belarus possible - further in the story.
Checking military readiness Lukashenko’s decision to suddenly check the country’s armed forces became known on January 16, and a month later the Ministry of Defense of Belarus announced that in connection with this check a gathering of military reserve personnel was taking place. Reservists are sent to formations and military units of the Western Operational Command.
" Formed teams are sent to reception points for personnel of military units according to the established schedule. Those liable for military service treat these events with understanding and are motivated to complete the assigned tasks,” said Deputy Military Commissar of the city of Grodno and the Grodno region Alexander Rovgach.
Panic in social networks The day before, Suspilna reported that summonses for training camps began to be handed out en masse in Belarus. In several regions of the country, in particular in the Grodno region, men are called to undergo military training.
According to messages from local residents on social networks, some reservists are called in urgently - sometimes on the same day. Some men, after arriving at military registration and enlistment offices, are sent to training grounds for training..
See photo gallery: New Invasion? Mobilization and training in Belarus Journalists from the Belarusian opposition publication Zerkalo, under the legend, called the country's military registration and enlistment offices and asked why the training was taking place in such a hurry.
“You should ask the Minister of Defense, the Military Commissar,” they were told at the military registration and enlistment office of the Gomel region.
Journalists suggest that the rush is caused by the fact that we are not talking about planned training camps, but about checking mobilization readiness.
After publicity in the media, the Ministry of Defense of Belarus published a statement by the Deputy Minister, Major General Valery Revenko, in which he states that “operational and combat training activities are associated, first of all, with the actions and aggressive rhetoric of Western countries, which openly declared that they are preparing for war.”.
“Accordingly, we are also carrying out activities to prepare the armed forces to repel aggression... Everything is open, accessible and understandable, we are preparing to repel aggression without any aggressive or offensive actions,” Revenko said.
Is a new invasion of Ukraine possible? Under the pretext of a “sudden check,” a hidden mobilization is taking place in the country, says Deputy Head of the United Transitional Cabinet of Belarus, Head of the People’s Anti-Crisis Management, Belarusian opposition politician and diplomat Pavel Latushko.
He also claims that refusals are not accepted, and those mobilized are sent to training camps for up to two months. In some cases, conscripts' mobile phones are confiscated, depriving them of contact with their families..
" Previously, you could refuse for family reasons, now you can’t.. They report to Lukashenko about “songs and dances,” but in reality people are forcibly sent to training camps, deprived of contact with loved ones,” the oppositionist said for KIEV24.
Latushko also refutes the command’s statements about the allegedly calm progress of the inspection..
At the same time, according to him, today there are no signs of preparations for a second large-scale invasion of Ukraine from the territory of Belarus, but he did not rule out that such a scenario is possible.
Latushko’s words are confirmed by the representative of the State Border Service Andrey Demchenko. Currently, there is no movement of equipment or accumulation of additional forces on the borders with Belarus. The Ukrainian side and international observers continue to monitor the situation.
“That is, there is no accumulation of additional forces, no movement of equipment or personnel near our border,” he said on television..
Speaking about checking combat readiness or issuing subpoenas, Demchenko noted that in Belarus this happens all the time. At the same time, according to him, this direction for Ukraine remains threatening.
“Despite the fact that the situation here is different from the situation on the border with the Russian Federation, we must be prepared for the development of any situations,” the representative added.
. Subscribe to our channels https://t. me/korrespondentnet and WhatsApp Author: 1.